Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fall leaves 2 has beat me up a bit, but I think it'll be ok.  It's starting to come together after staying up late last night working on it.  That's a relief, since it was looking a bit sad yesterday afternoon.
   I still need to get together with a friend of mine to see if her camera is capable of photographs that are adequate for reproductions. Once that's able to happen, prints can be made available.  That will be great.
   Yesterday was the Ocean County Artist Guild's members' show.  There was some very nice art there.  I was tempted to buy one or two paintings, but had to resist this time.  Some people ask,"Why buy art when you can make it yourself?"  I guess my answer can be explained by most moms who are constantly cooking or otherwise preparing food.  She likely enjoys food that is cooked by someone else.  It's kind of the same thing with me; I work pretty intensely on my paintings, and I enjoy artwork that is not necessarily my own.  I like mine too, sure, but it's refreshing to see someone else's art.

No comments:

Post a Comment